One of the things I do when I think I’m starting a new project is to create matching social media accounts for the domain I bought. Unfortunately I’ve turned into a serial starter. Now that I’m trying to focus better, I’m starting to prune away the unused accounts (domains and social media accounts). But how you delete a Pinterest Business Account seemed to be easier said than done, even with a Google Search.
Hint: Deleting a Pinterest Business Account isn’t in the profile settings
Personal accounts can be deleted via the profile, but this feature is turned off in the settings menu for business accounts. Only the option to deactivate the account is available. If you’re really done with this account (i.e. don’t want to rename it for another purpose), then you need to need to contact them.
Contacting Pinterest to delete the account proved to be a little less straight forward than expected. I had to click around a few times to figure this one out.
How to contact Pinterest to delete your business account
When I tried this the first time, I took a few wrong turns because where I thought I would need to check “Business Accounts” didn’t cover what I needed. Here’s what I did:
- First you need to head over to the Contact Page.
- For What do you need help with?: choose the “Getting into my account” option.
- For Tell us more, choose: Deactivate or close account
- Click the big red “I still need help” button
- Fill out the form, making indicate that it’s a business account.
- Submit the form and now you wait.
I hope this helps! And question for you. Why did you decide to delete your Pinterest Business Account?